Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Two Weeks Notice- 2002


I have a weakness for a certain type of chick flick. Yes, ones with a cheeky sense of humour. And this one really fits the bill. Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant look like they had a ball filming this and it is just as much fun to watch them doing what they do best.

Bullock stars as a brilliant but neurotic attorney and Grant as her wealthy, irresponsible but somehow charming boss. Hugh Grant starring as Hugh Grant basically, which is why it works so well.


George Wade: I own the hotel, and I live there. My life is very much like Monopoly.



George Wade: Before you came into my life I could make all kinds of decisions now I'm addicted I have to know what you think. What do you think?
[holds up cufflinks]
Lucy Kelson: I think you're the most selfish human being on the planet.
George Wade: Well that's just silly. Have you met everybody on the planet?



Lucy Kelson: What did I tell you that defines an emergency?
George Wade: A large meteoroid, severe blood loss and uh... what was the other thing?
Lucy Kelson: Death! And you're not dead!


 

George Wade: I find you... annoying.


George Wade: If you have to go, just... go!
Lucy Kelson: What? What am I, five years old? This is my car!
George Wade: It's only a Volvo.
Lucy Kelson: People just don't *go* in Volvos.
George Wade: I'll buy you another Volvo!
Lucy Kelson: No! Besides, that is the only thing you'll ever remember about me... that I'm the woman who *went* on the front seat.
George Wade: Well, that would be hard to forget.


June Carter: Do you know what I like even more than chess?
George Wade: Pokémon?



Lucy: You should be so lucky because the lawyerly exterior...don't let that fool you because inside I am, like, a complete animal. It's, like, bobcat. You know, it's scary.
George: I can see that it might be.
Lucy: No. No. Look, I can bend like a pretzel. I'm serious. And I'm not talking the straight kind. I'm talking, like, the twisty kind. Twisty like the bobcat, salty type of pretzel. Because that's what men want, right?
George: That is their dream.


***********************************************************************************

Now I realize that they don't make a very realistic couple. But you can't tell me that a few of those quotes didn't make you smile. I know they did! I hope these two get together for another RomCom at some point because the chemistry is awesome. In a twisty, bobcat, salty pretzel kind of way.

So, do you love this movie too, even though your family rolls their eyes if they see you watching it? (but then they sit down and join you right?)

1 comment:

  1. loved two weeks notice. some really funny lines.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails