Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Belgravia by Julian Fellowes


If you haven't yet heard about Julian Fellowes's new book/app Belgravia you are in good company, as  I just heard about it today. Julian was on the CBC radio show q this morning (heard all over Canada) promoting this project, which comes out in hardcover book form on July 6, 2016. I will admit to being a fan of Baron Fellowes of West Stafford, as I watch my DVD of Gosford Park at least once a year and bought both of his other novels, Snobs and Past Imperfect (and enjoyed the books very much although they will never be mistaken for high English Lit).


If you want to see if it is for you, download the app and listen to or read the first installment for free. It was released one chapter per week in the style of Charles Dickens or Elizabeth Gaskell starting in April, but I believe the entire novel is now available online if you like to binge. My sister will be happy to hear that Juliet Stevenson is doing the narration and she has done a bang up job, if you prefer to listen instead of read. There are lots of extras too on the app with maps and photos and even plans of the large country homes in the story which correspond to the narration. I find this very cool as I am one of the geeks who watches all of the extras on my fave DVDs. Numerous times!


Anyway, just thought I would post this to give you all a heads up as I was thrilled to hear about this project. Very Dickensian and just in time for beach season. Yay!

Cheers!

P.S. Will be seeing Love & Friendship this week (finally!) so should be able to give you my review on that soon. 

9 comments:

  1. You have brought up a very fantastic points, thankyou for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article I enjoy reading your thoughts.
    More power to your website. Please visit mine too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this effort, I will give you 5 stars for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI, THIS IS WAS A VERY GOOD POST INDEED.

    ReplyDelete

  7. is good, thats why i have read it fully.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Wonderful article. I love your style of writing. It’s inspiring , and I am happy with your writing style

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails