Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Call the Midwife Christmas Day 2014!


Call the Midwife is back on Christmas Day at 8pm on PBS for a Holiday Special, so set your PVRs! It is a fabulous episode (lucky me being able to preview it!). I highly recommend it for feel-good viewing over the holidays.


The actress who plays Jenny Lee has left the show, but we get to see Vanessa Redgrave as the mature Jenny instead of just having her as narrator. Wonderful!


And we have no nonsense midwife Patsy back (played by the gloriously named Emerald Fennell) and I am so digging Trixie's new shorter hair. And her gorgeous vicar beau for that matter!


Chummy is given a big part to play in this episode as is our sweet little Cynthia who has a big decision to make with Sister Julienne's help.


So make sure if you miss it on the telly, you go to PBS.org to watch it online after Christmas day. You will not be disappointed. And remember, Season 4 of Call the Midwife starts March 29th 2015 (after Downton Abbey ends).

Yippee! I do love these ladies.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch this! Lucky you, seeing it early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny. I've been watching Outlander. Have you seen it? It's really good. I'm also reading the first book and they've done a good job of capturing the essence of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it back. I liked the series better than the book, but the violence is pretty nasty in both. Don't think I'll bother with season 2.

      Delete
    2. Glad to know I wasn't the only one! :)

      Delete
  3. What a Christmas Day treat. I didn't know Vanessa Redgrave would be joining the show in person--that should be interesting. I too love Trixie's new look and developing storyline. We'll miss Jenny Leigh though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails