Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tom Hiddleston- Actor of the Week

Tom Hiddleston
Tom Hiddleston is getting lots of press lately for his role in War Horse. But we have seen him in a few other period dramas in the past few years (and a Superhero film too!).

Tom Hiddleston as John Plumptree in Miss Austen Regrets
The first time I was aware of Tom Hiddleston was as the adorably clueless John Plumptree trying to woo Jane Austen's niece Fanny Knight in Miss Austen Regrets. He was just so EARNEST!

Tom Hiddleston as William Buxton in Return to Cranford
His lovely curly hair was again on display as the perfectly sweet and wonderfully egalitarian William Buxton in Return to Cranford. Wouldn't we all love to untie that cravat?

Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor
This is the only time I have seen his hair dark and straight! As the bad boy Loki in the Superhero flick Thor, he looked like he was having fun NOT being the good guy for a change. He reprises his Loki role later this year in The Avengers.

Tom Hiddleston as F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris
His hair is slicked down into waves for F. Scott Fitzgerald in Woody Allen's wonderful Midnight in Paris. I have seen this film 3 times and I would love to see it again. Ooo-la-la!

Tom Hiddleston as Captain Nicholls in War Horse
Now look at those expressive eyebrows as Captain Nicholls in War Horse. I have not seen this one yet, but my birthday is coming up so perhaps The Squire will accompany me to the cinema. He really does have quite extraordinary brows doesn't he?

Tom Hiddleston and horse in War Horse
Apparently he is now working on playing Prince Hal opposite Jeremy Irons in Henry IV, a TV miniseries production from NBC Universal being distributed by BBC2 and PBS. Can't wait, sounds great!

Have you got a favourite out of these or other roles of Tom Hiddleston's? By the way, is that a great English name or what?

P.S. He got a double first in Classics at Cambridge University (Pembroke College). For those of us not in the UK, that means he's really really smart as well as cute!

10 comments:

  1. A mini-series of HIV? Be still my heart! I love Prince Hal, and have been pining for a good treatment of HIV for years. He will be marvelous in that role.

    I liked him in Cranford Returns, and I can't wait to see War Horse--looks so good. Wonderful profile, and the pics are a wonderful way to start my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord Im in love with this man. I have never seen a smile I would say "is to die for" until Tom smiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tari Anne. You are certainly not alone in loving Tom Hiddleston. This is my second most popular post EVER! He is pretty adorable.

      Delete
  3. I love this man! He is blessed with brains and beauty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear, hear! My thoughts exactly. Mr. Hiddleston is the whole package.

      Delete
  4. Tom Hiddleston plus a period drama? Can it get any better than this? Thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karina! Glad you are a Tom Hiddleston fan. I did finally see War Horse and his role was not large but he was wonderful, as was the whole film.

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails