Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I wanna go to....Saltram House-Location for Sense and Sensibility 1995

OK, doesn't this make you want to go to Devon and drink up some of that gorgeous scenery and remember Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant being all adorable and witty?  If you don't recognize Saltram House from the photo above, perhaps the one below will help...
 "Has she shown you her tree-house?".....  "Not yet.  Would you do me the honour Miss Dashwood?  It is very fine out."  ...."With pleasure."

"A country living is my ideal - a small parish where I might do some good, keep chickens and give very short sermons."

"Piracy is our only option."........"What is swabbing exactly?"

I think I could spend at least a day between the gorgeous grounds where those wild woolly sheep were running all over (and apparently had to be shorn halfway through filming as they were so heavy they were tipping over) and that amazing stately house.  I would love to see the library ("These are mostly foreign...") and see the window where Emma Thompson (as Elinor) watched the sword fight between Hugh Grant (as Edward) and the adorable Emilie Francois (as Margaret).  "Oooooff!"

Yes, I think that would be a lovely day, even if I didn't get to climb up to the tree-house.  My sister and I plan to go there someday and drink it all in.  Care to join us?

Sense and Sensibility: The Screenplay and Diaries (Newmarket Shooting Script)Sense & Sensibility (Special Edition)

2 comments:

  1. I have started reading the diary part of "Sense and Sensibility: The Screenplay and Diaries" by Emma Thompson, and it is wonderful. Recommended for more than just fans of the film.
    Cindy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy B! Emma Thompson's diary and screenplay for Sense and Sensibility is one of my fave books ever. This woman needs to write more books. I may need to read it again.

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails