Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Period Drama Montage "It's Raining Men" Redo from You Tube

This You Tube video made me smile as it has clips from so many great adaptations.  This works on so many levels.  The fact that this song was in the first Bridget Jones film (you know, the part where Hugh Grant and Colin Firth are having the most ridiculous fight over Bridget-grabbing clothes and kicking etc) makes you instantly bop your head and think of a couple of British cuties right off the bat.  That and the wonderful editing of many of my favorite swoon worthy scenes really keeps me coming back to play this one again and again.
How many men did you recognize in this montage?  I will start you out with JJ Field as Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey.  So cute with that little smirk.

Next, in quick succession we have my personal fave right now, Richard Armitage as Mr. Thornton in North & South.

Then Jeremy Northam as Mr. Knightley in Emma 1996 (Emma, try not to kill my dogs).


 Then we have  the adorable newcomer Dan Stevens as Edward Ferrars from the new Sense and Sensibility 2008.

Then, of course, we must show the smouldering Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy from the new Pride and Prejudice.

Followed closely here from the same film, shy guy Mr. Bingley (aka Simon Woods).


And then we have Anthony Howell as Roger Hamley in Wives and Daughters(oh, teach me some Biology, Roger).

We then have a peek at Rupert Penry-Jones as Captain Wentworth in the new Persuasion (I am half agony, half hope), and then I have to stick my neck out here and guess, JJ Field again in The Shadow in the North?  Apparently, I have some shopping to do on Amazon!  I love JJ, as does the creator of this video apparently.


Then on to Welsh cutie Ioan Gruffudd as William Wilberforce from Amazing Grace, although some of you will recognize him more as Horatio Hornblower.


If I only mention new faces at this point, we move on to the iconic Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice 1996 who we have in most of his best looks and ending in the tub with him (although no wet shirt scene?!?!)

We move on to Mr. Willoughby from Sense and Sensibility 1996 (otherwise known as Greg Wise/Mr. Emma Thompson).

And then on to the new Colonel Brandon, David Morrisey from Sense and Sensibility 2008 , very hot and understated.


We then of course have to give a nod to the original Colonel Brandon, the silky voiced Alan Rickman from the classic Sense and Sensibility 1996.


And then we have Mr. Willoughby from the latest Sense and Sensibility 2008, Domenic Cooper, who just about loses his head in this video (perfectly timed with the lyrics).


If I have missed any cuties from this absolutely addictive You Tube video, please leave a comment.  I think I missed David Tennant from the TV miniseries Cassanova, but this is not the Heath Ledger version of Cassanova also from 2005.  This is another one I have to order, as I only know David Tennant from Doctor Who. 

Feel free to comment on what you love about this video, or what you would have added.  I think this was done a few years ago, so there have been many great period dramas released since then.  Have fun with this one and please share it with whoever you think it would bring a smile to.
Thank-you to the creator of this You Tube video, DreamyViper (aka Jiab).  She has lots more stuff so check out her other videos via this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails